Title: Breathless
A Texas Nights Series Standalone
Author: Lex Martin
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 18, 2020
Blurb
Joey
I wouldn’t say I ran away exactly—twenty-two is too old for that.
I’d call it self-preservation.
I have one objective: protect my heart from the boy next
door who has no clue I’ve loved him my whole life, even with a front row seat
to his revolving bedroom door.
My escape plan almost worked.
Except I left one thing behind.
Logan Carter hijacked my heart, and now it’s time to get it
back. This time for good.
Logan
I wouldn’t say I’ve been lying this whole time—not about
everything.
Not about how much I miss my best friend, and definitely not
about how pissed I am that she left with hardly a goodbye.
She’s the last person I ever expected to ghost me, and her
absence left a gaping hole in my chest.
When Joey Grayson steps off that bus, I know I’ll do
anything to keep her home, and that means finding out the truth.
But I’m not sure how to tell her my truths when I’m living
so many lies.
Purchase Links
$2.99 for a limited time!
Also Available
USA TODAY BESTSELLING SERIES
All books are standalones featuring different couples
AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
AMAZON UNIVERSAL
B&N / KOBO / APPLE BOOKS
GOOGLE PLAY
PAPERBACK / AUDIOBOOK
AMAZON UNIVERSAL
B&N / KOBO / APPLE BOOKS
GOOGLE PLAY
PAPERBACK / AUDIOBOOK
Author Bio
Lex Martin is the USA Today bestselling author
of the Texas Nights series (Reckless/Shameless) and the Dearest series. She
writes contemporary romances, the sexy kind with lotsa angst, a whole lotta
kissing, and the hot happily ever afters. A former high school English teacher
and freelance journalist, she’s lived all over the country but currently
resides in her hometown of San Antonio with her husband and twin daughters.
Author Links

Tender as the ranch breeze and sizzling hot as the Texan sun, Lex makes us believe in the power of Eternal bonds of Love that bring back the wanderers home.
The return of the Prodigal Bridesmaid...Josephine Greyson is returning home to Austin, having run away to Florida Six months ago with nothing but meager belongings and a less than meager heart. But the pulse stayed behind, "Logan Carter. The boy next door and my lifelong crush." is there to pick her up...much to her surprise

"We’re each other’s one call from jail, for fuck’s sake. My Netflix binge buddy when I genuinely want to watch a movie and relax. The one woman who makes me want to try to be a better person."
A languid tale of belonging, longing and healing. The mood follows earlier two books- Shameless & Ruthless. There's unrequited love knocking on the hearts, there's reticence because secrets pull them back like tethered to hooks. Family gets together with love and laughter and in the center of it all are pre-designed LoJo. Tori and Ethan from Ruthless are getting married and Joey is the bestie bridesmaid. When faced with Logan, all the memories rush back with the force of the tsunami. Passions re-ignite and much to her consternation, her heart and body decide to betray her.

"My head knows I’m an idiot for being in love with Logan, for wanting someone who’s never wanted me, but my body has never gotten the memo. "
There's too many people wishing them their HEA, but some of them are hell bent on being interfering villains and will not hesitate to resort to violence to push them far apart
Hot scorching sexy scenes are Lex's speciality and paired with heart touching poignant love her comfort zone.
Writing is very fluid, pace a bit slow in the first half, but later it picks speed.
Unexpected twists slap you in the face and you think all is lost...
What happens next- you have to read to find out..
4.5 stars for Density and Center of Gravity








No comments:
Post a Comment