Wednesday, February 19, 2020

{Release Blitz & Book Review}: In The Garden of Discontent by Lily White

Title: In the Garden of Discontent
Author: Lily White
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: February 19, 2020

                 
 
This is a love story.
It’s brutal.
Heartwrenching.
Terrifying, honest, and raw.
But a love story nonetheless...because it is so beautiful.
Ensley:
Noah Carter was the type of guy that every girl wanted.
Gorgeous. Talented. Smart and kind.
He was the world that revolved around me even though I didn’t deserve him.
But then something went wrong.
He snapped maybe, just lost his mind.
I found him the night my family died, their blood staining his hands.
I put him in prison. I got my revenge.
But then years later he broke free and stole me away from my life.
Noah:
You couldn’t know Ensley without wanting to strangle her.
She was beautiful. She was wild. She was the girl next door.
I grew up with her by my side.
I watched her destroy herself while I held on.
I protected her when she had been blind to the danger that surrounded her.
I let her go once, only to find her again.
She would see me this time no matter what.

“I hate you,” she hissed, hair wild around her face like it always had been.
“I know.”
Her body shook, and her shoulders wilted, arms curled around her body, fingernails digging into her skin. “I need-“
“I know,” I said, stepping forward to grab onto her so she wouldn’t have to say it.
Our eyes met in the shadow of that room. “You don’t need to say it. I know.”
I’ve always known...but I couldn’t do anything about it.
Ens melted in my grasp, like water through my hands, trying to slip away and escape so she could damage herself in some way I couldn’t stop, but I wouldn’t let her.
Not this time.
Not again.
Gripping my hand over the back of her head, I pulled her to me, my mouth locking over hers, tongue risking the clench of her teeth because she would fight me tooth and nail while this happened, but that’s what she needed.
To fight me.
To injure me.
Because she had never been able to fight them.
Fingernails cut into my biceps, her body thrashing to break free, but I held on and kissed her like I was giving her the air she needed to breathe.
Shoving Ensley down on the bed, I grabbed the back of my shirt to strip it off, every muscle in my body tense because I knew I was a bastard for wanting this.
For wanting her.
For taking advantage, even though it had never been my intent.


Lily White is a romance writer who likes to dabble on the taboo side of eroticism. She is most known for her Masters Series, Target This, Wishing Well, and Asylum. In addition to dark romance Lily writes contemporary romance, taboo romance, and psychological thrillers. Lily enjoys stretching her writing muscles by continuing to challenge herself with each book she publishes.


description

One thing is always a certainty in Lily White books. They're all Unusual, unique and never before read plots. You think you've figured out the story and WHAM!! Out comes a punch from the left, leaving you out of breath and gasping for air.
She's the undisputed Original QUEEN of Dark, one who started writing mindfuck stories way before the trend caught on. 

description

In the Garden Of Discontent is another one of her No Holds Barred, No Punches Pulled story.
There's plenty of Wildflowers planted by Noah Carter for Ensley Bennett near the fence to brighten up her life, yet there's nothing rosy or sweet scented about their life. It's full of thorns. Razor sharp and long, they're perpetually embedded in Ensleys skin, ripping her to shreds. Whether be at the shed or behind the bleachers in school, she can't escape them. They both find respite and a moment to breathe sighs of relief in each others arms at nights alone. New day brings the fresh cycle of abuse, torture and debasement all over again.
"We were the same, in different ways and for different reasons, but not in what we felt. 
“So neither of us have to be alone anymore,” he admitted. 
“I’m just tired of being alone.”
 


description

Noah is one of the most devoted heroes I've ever come across. His loyalty and ability to love truly, madly, deeply, completely is one solid rock amongst the raging maelstrom of emotions flying all around. He's the lone Ranger in her life, a savior of Ensley's soul, owner of a pure unblemished heart, her salvation. But he stands quietly on the sidelines, neither pushing nor delving, just holds her fragile soul in his cupped hands, protecting but not suffocating from two yards away

description

Ensley is one of the most unfortunate teen. Her vultures and destroyers within an arms reach, exacting payments as she ripens, feasting and devouring her soul a piece at a time. All this trauma makes her fold upon herself, she locks herself in her dark abyss of mind dungeons.
"I could hear that slick beast rattling its tail and snapping at her insides just begging to be freed." 
Their plight moved me to tears many a places, which is so unusual to expect from a lily book. It's her version of a twisted love story, whips and blood replace hearts & roses. The garden they create sowing their discontented truths and interrupted dreams, where their secrets & misfortunes were buried. The toxins render the soil barren, nothing grew there!

description

"Our greatest discontent was how we’d loved each other despite our circumstances. Ours was a lifetime that wouldn’t allow us to stay together." 
A barbaric love story of mangled hearts, who despite standing in ravaged lives, find love in stolen hours in the darkness of night. It hurt my heart to go on, yet I couldn't stop. As the story races towards the end, my heart thumped and prayed and begged for them to find relief from their ordeal...lily is cruel, that's all I'm gonna say😭
That's all there is to it!! 🤷‍♀️
5 dismal stars trapped in glass jars 


No comments:

Post a Comment

{Release Blitz & Book Review} : Look At Her And Die by Lani Lynn vale

Title: Look at Her and Die Series: Content Advisory #2 Author: Lani Lynn Vale Genre: Mafia Romance Tropes: Anti Hero, Cinnamon Roll Hero...

recent posts