Title: Thick & Thin
Series: The Chubby Girl Chronicles
Author: Tabatha Vargo
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release: January 21, 2020

We promised to stay best friends through thick and thin, but that was before the kiss that changed it all. Before he went off to war and left me behind angry and bitter. Now he’s back, turning my world upside down, but I’m not the love-sick tomboy he left behind. And even though he always promised through thick and thin, something tells me I’m a little thicker than he had in mind.
Joshua Black
I made promises to Jenny, but I’m not the boy I was when I left for Afghanistan. I’m broken, scarred, and not nearly good enough to hold her heart. I tried to do the right thing and stay away, but my family needs me, which means I have to go home. Jenny hates me, and maybe that’s a good thing because I only want to do right by her. That means keeping my hands off her newly rounded curves. No matter how hard that might be.




Tabatha is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author, best known for her sexy adult romance Little Black Book.
Tabatha writes in all genres, including adult and new adult, and isn't afraid to venture into the dark side on occasion, as she proved with her dark, prison romance, Slammer.
She's an avid reader of all things smutty and the writer of sexy stories featuring redeemable alpha bad boys and sweet, strong women.
Her other loves include her children, her loving, supportive husband, anything historical, and wind chimes.
When she isn't writing, she's texting book ideas to herself.
Tabatha is represented by Jane Dystel of Dystel & Goderich Literary Management.
Subscribe to Tabatha's newsletter and get a FREE BOOK!
<

Typically the vows of a marriage go, -"I take thee, to love and to hold, In sickness and in health...."
But what are the vows for best friendship? When two kids who have grown up together, played together, laughed and cried and puked and rode together for 12 years like our Joshua Black and Jenny Michael's, how do they honor their vows.....

"He was my best friend and I knew him better than he knew himself, and yet, Josh was much more than my friend. He was my first time riding a bike and mud pies in my back yard. He was summer days fishing and mudding with four wheelers behind my house and laying in the grass watching the lightening bugs blink in the darkness around us. He was the reason I knew how to ride a horse and days filled playing in the hay on his daddy’s farm. He was video games and candy. He was everything—my childhood."

How do you pledge allegiance to these rocks of companionship and camaraderie and buddy- bestie dynamics?
You promise, with everything in your soul and body, that you shall be there for each other...ALWAYS!!
To share rides, call each other, trust in each other and when life takes them on separate paths after school, to miss each other, call as much as they can, NEVER FORGET each other and come back TO each other. That's how you do it and stick to it!!
“Never leave me again. No matter how hard I push you away.”
Alas!! man Proposes & God Disposes...
Such is the tale of heart eyed BFFs in love, meant for each other young, spirited couple, full of passion and zeal......till life slaps them in the face..🙁
“There is no us. There will never be an us. Let it go.”

I generally stay away from YA but I'm telling YA, I COULDN'T STOP READING this story. From the first spin of the tire in the mud swamp, I was covered in their budding love. Laughing and jumping with joy with them, for them
As the twist comes right in the middle of the story, tabatha touches upon very sensitive topics which should be addressed more vehemently in and around us.
"My body was disgusting, and I wasn’t sure I would ever get naked around another human being again. "

My heart broke when Jenny hurt
My tears flowed when Josh cried
My gut churned when victims from the fallout were the innocent news.
There's also the topic of physical Insecurity in women after they become maturer...it was heart wrenching to read but I see it everyday on social media interactions, how rampant and uncontrollable it is.
I loved this book, this entire series written so honestly and without any sugar coating at all.. It pinches at the tender most places in the heart and soothes it with overflowing love
5 stars for Gummy Bear Candy




















No comments:
Post a Comment